Starting a Business in Reading
The City of Reading has small-town charm, but is located only 56 miles from the 5th largest city in the country, Philadelphia. We are less than 100 miles from Baltimore-Washington and only 125 miles from the Big Apple. Businesses and individuals find our location a key advantage.
Our transportation infrastructure connects us to some of the largest markets in the United States, giving our businesses a distinct advantage. Whether by highway, air, or rail, you can get from there to here quickly and efficiently.
Reading has a friendly, welcoming quality of life that people find downright attractive. Whether you are planning to relocate, expand or create a new business, talk to us first. Together we can create the right blend of amenities and benefits that can help you turn your ideas into success stories.
The following links can help you learn how to start a business in Reading, from finding a site, to financing, to tax incentives and technical assistance. Everything you need in right here in Reading and at readingpa.gov!
Taxes and Tax Abatement
- Tax Abatement Application Instructions
- Application for Tax Abatement(pdf)
- Keystone Opportunity Zone
- KOZ Properties
Consulting Services and Learning Opportunities
The City’s Community Development Department has partnered with Kutztown University’s Small Business Development Center to provide free and confidential assistance for starting and growing your business in the City of Reading.
Please click here http://www.kutztownsbdc.org/default.asp for more information.
- Reading Redevelopment Authority
- Greater Berks Development Fund
- Community First Fund
- Pennsylvania Community Development and Finance Corporation
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce
- Kutztown University SBDC
- Latino Business Resource Center
- Berks County Latino Chamber