JOB VACANCY # JV 2021-35 Project Accountant
|THE POSITION OF:||Project Accountant|
|POSTING DATE:||July 27, 2021|
|PAY RATE:||$54,000.00 Annually|
Under the direction of the Accounting and Treasury Manager, the individual in this Project Accountant position is responsible for all aspects of project accounting, financial analysis, financial accounts management, grant administration and related tasks associated with the Utilities Division with a focus on the Department of Justice Consent Decree (DOJ CD) projects and programs. Includes but not limited to various financial aspects associated with wastewater treatment plant, pump stations, collection system construction projects and related programs implementation.
The Project Accountant performs assigned grant, financial and general accounting functions including but not limited to project setup, grant writing and reconciliation, closing of books, project accounting & budgeting, project cost & revenue analysis, sewer fund forecasts and support to management as they relate to the Utilities Division projects and programs.
This position directs the development and administration of the City of Reading’s Utilities Division related grant program, provides comprehensive evaluation and oversight of grant awards and required accounting/financial analysis functions. Coordinates with respective City Departments, Divisions to ensure synchronization of efforts. This position is on-site in City Hall, it is not remote.
Typical job duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintenance of financial records for the Utilities Division projects and programs with a focus on those related to the DOJ CD.
- Review & manage subcontractor project invoices in accordance with contract terms.
- Prepare project cost, revenue, unbilled/unearned reconciliations and analyses.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Provide accounting and financial support to management, including financial reports and account projections/forecasts and analyses.
- Attend meetings to gather, understand, document and respond to internal and external requirements; interact with respective internal Departments and Divisions, and external agencies.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree accepted, Master’s Degree preferred, from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or related field; knowledge of financial systems, local government finance and budgeting
- Certification as a CPA, or Project Management Professional (PMP) with at least 3-5 years’ experience, able to substitute for Master’s Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience, or education, in the accounting field
- One (1) year administrative or supervisory staff experience
- Federal contracting experience (large awards) preferred