MAYOR MORAN ANNOUNCES THE GREAT AMERICAN CLEAN-UP EVENTS HAPPENING IN THE CITY IN CELEBRATION OF EARTH DAY
April 23, 2021
The City of Reading is hosting The Great American, as part of our Earth Day celebration. Various events are happening on April 23rd, 24th and 25th at 14 different locations by 14 local businesses, community organizations and residents of our City. Here is a list of the events:
Friday, April 23rd,
- Entec Engineering 3-7 PM at the Schuylkill River Trail between RACC and Buttonwood St.
Saturday, April 24th- All events from 9 AM-1 PM,
- Hope Rescue Mission- 6th and Greenwich Area, 3 blocks in each direction
- Café Esperanza and Hope Lutheran Church- 100 Blk. Greenwich St. Area
- South of Penn Organization- Reading Iron Playground
- YMCA- Washington, Walnut St. Area
- Double Tree Hotel- Penn St. at 7th and surrounding area
- Oak Brook Homes/United Way Homes- Oakbrook Area
- Alvernia Holleran Center- Alvernia /Upland Ave. Area
- St. Peters RCC- Riverfront Park Area
- Duryea Hillclimb Group- Duryea Drive to Pagoda
- Reading Parking Authority- Area around Franklin St. Garage
- Centre Park Historic District- Centre Park Area
- Barbey's Neighbors- Barbey Park Area
Sunday, April 25th,
- Voice Up Berks 1-4 PM at Global Youth Day of Service, City Park
All events are supported by the City of Reading Public Works Department with supplies (gloves, bags, brooms, rakes, dustpans, trash pickers, etc.) as well as on-site support and trash removal and will follow local, state and federal guidelines.
"I applaud and commend the organizations, businesses, and residents, for their commitment to our City and the planet's preservation," said Mayor Morán. "This event kicks off our 2021 season of several clean-up events that will be happening this year city-wide. A cleaner, more sustainable and livable City is possible. Remember - we are each other's neighbors."