JOB VACANCY # JV 2022-02 Part-Time Relief Video Monitor
THE POSITION OF: Relief Video Monitor
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Police/Special Services
STARTING RATE: $15.00/hour
POSTING DATE: January 14, 2022
Qualified, interested candidates must submit an employment application and a current resume
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Maintains constant surveillance of the City cameras within the Video Safety Unit
- Alerts police to suspicious activity and crimes in progress.
- Operates all surveillance camera equipment, including but not limited to Video Monitors, Computers, Digital Recorders, Cameras and Controllers.
- Interacts with police officers, investigators, and District Attorney Staff in securing video for investigation and evidence.
- Maintains professional demeanor and attitude.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of Police Department and Video Safety Unit.
- Must successfully pass background check by Police Department.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an office assistant, telecommunicator, dispatcher/call taker or similar position in an office or public safety environment.
- Must be proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to operate all video equipment with proficiency including keyboards, joysticks, printers, and computer mouse.
- Must be able to multi-task, such as observing numerous video monitors while relaying timely and accurate information via dispatch radio and telephone.
- Must be able to keep calm and set priorities in emergency situations.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the City including street names, locations, and directions.
- Must meet training milestones within reasonable timeframe.
- Emergency response experience and public safety experience preferred.
Must be able to work any shift between 7:00 AM and 3:00 AM
This is a Part-time (up to 28 hours per week)