JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-32 MAINTENANCE WORKER II/ELEC MECH (2 POS)
THE POSITION OF: Maintenance Wkr II/Elec Mech
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Public Works/WWTP
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
POSTING DATE: April 18, 2023
This position is responsible for maintaining all wastewater treatment equipment at the City of Reading facilities.
Typical job duties may include but not limited to:
- Perform all necessary maintenance tasks to maintain compliance with all Clean Water Act/Clean Stream Law requirements, NPDES Permit parameters, and all other applicable regulatory requirements, industry standards and manufacturers recommendations
- Assist Operations and other teams with any and all corrective tasks that arise
- Communicate any disruptions of treatment units due to maintenance tasks to the Operations staff or others as appropriate
- Respond to call-ins and address problems, emergencies and/or breakdowns as assigned.
- Interact frequently with employees and contractors in work area and interact occasionally with employees in other departments throughout the City of Reading
- Perform routine maintenance checks on wastewater facilities, machinery and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED.
- Trade School education in Mechanical. Electrical, Welding, Plumbing, or machine shop application is a preferred.
- Must possess a valid Class C driver’s license.
- Must have completed and passed 70% or better score five (5) of ten (10) TPC Basic Mechanical Course Books within six (6) months and all ten (10) of the TPC Basic Mechanical Course Books within twelve (12) months
- One (1) year of industrial maintenance experience required.
- Knowledge and competency on safe rigging, lifting and hoist/crane operations are required
- Must become computer literate in Antero, Windows, Internet and e-mail. Must be willing to learn MS Office programs, GIS, CityWorks and other specialty programs as assigned.