JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-29 PROPERTY MAINTENANCE INSPECTOR
THE POSITION OF: Property Maintenance Inspector
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Community Development/Codes
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
SALARY: Starting $23.36 Hour
POSTING DATE: April 13, 2023
This position will be responsible for inspecting all existing residential, nonresidential structures and vacant lots within the City to ensure compliance to City-Housing Codes. This position will entail frequent contact with other employees in the Division; as well as daily contact with housing dwellers. There is limited contact with City employees outside the Division.
Typical job duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct daily inspection of all existing residential, nonresidential structures and vacant lots.
- Conduct Health inspections of food establishments (when assigned) to meet the state requirements (ServSafe certification is mandatory or equivalent).
- Prepare inspection reports and send copy to owner of dwelling in violation, giving the appropriate amount of time to comply.
- Make re-inspections after designated time to ensure compliance.
- File prosecution with District judges if violations are not corrected.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports of all activities indicating quantity of inspections performed, number of violations found and status of corrections to violations.
- Act as public relations representatives for City when making inspections.
- Investigate complaints and attend court hearings as necessary.
- Ability to learn and use city’s computer equipment and software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- ICC Property Maintenance Inspector Certification (#64) must be obtained within six (6) months of assuming the position. Failure to obtain necessary certification is a ground for termination.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license Class C with clean driving record.
- Minimum of two (2) years of construction experience (or related certifications/coursework) required.