JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-24 GARAGE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
THE POSITION OF: Garage Maintenance Mechanic
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Public Works/Operations
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
POSTING DATE: April 7, 2023
This role is responsible for repair, inspection and maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
Typical duties include but may not be limited to:
- Repair, service and maintain automotive and truck equipment
- Required to make major engine repairs to diesel and gasoline engines
- Removal or light repair of auto and manual transmissions, clutches and differentials
- Must be able to replace most brake systems and adjust, etc.
- Test equipment and vehicles for problems and safety hazards in compliance to code standards
- Conduct state motor vehicle inspections and emissions testing on vehicles and equipment
- May be required to perform inspections and repairs of trailers and other equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED required
- Vocational and /or mechanical school training
- Must have at least (2) two years of experience as a maintenance mechanic
- Must possess minimum of a valid Pennsylvania Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- Requires a valid PA State Inspection License Class 7 and a PA safety and state emission license