JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-21 TELECOMMUNICATOR I
THE POSITION OF: Telecommunicator I
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Police
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
SALARY: Starting $23.88 Hour
POSTING DATE: March 28, 2023
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Handling emergency/non-emergency calls and additional requests for police service.
- Successfully operate various systems, software, and radio console equipment.
- Apply policies, procedures, and guidelines relating to emergency/non-emergency situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and stay calm under stressful situations in order to provide prompt responses to emergency situations.
- Ability to lead, provide direction, and assist other department personnel in various situations when needed.
- Work closely with other police divisions or agencies to ensure information is communicated efficiently.
- Complete department training, testing and required certifications.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime in order to maintain minimum manning with as little as one hour notice.
- Work schedules are set based upon the department needs and seniority.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Maintain security clearances in order to access Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS).
- Perform any and all other work as needed or assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Uphold a professional work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successfully pass a thorough background investigation, drug screening and maintain a clear criminal background.
- No FELONY or MISDEMEANOR.
- Ability to type 35 wpm with accuracy.
Pass the pre-hire Critical assessment test; scoring at least 85% or higher