JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-19 ZONING ADMINISTRATOR
THE POSITION OF: Zoning Administrator
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Dev/Zoning
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Full Time
POSTING DATE: April 13, 2023
The Zoning Administrator is responsible for all activities related to land use laws in the areas of Zoning Administration and enforcement.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Reviews applications for Zoning Permit and approves or denies in accordance with the Zoning Ordinance.
- Acts on complaints received and violations observed. Requests or orders compliance verbally and/or in writing. Prepares case and arranges for prosecution of violators before District Justice.
- Appears before the Planning Commission, Zoning Hearing Boards, the Reading Redevelopment Authority and the Historic Preservation Review Board to present plans.
- Attends, coordinates and participates in day and evening community meetings, public hearings and other official meetings and events as required.
- Performs official program administration including approval of all written reports, applications, official forms and documents.
- Assists preparation of amendments to the Zoning Ordinance for review by the Planning Commission.
- Ensure all planning, zoning and economic development activities are carried out in accordance with federal, state and local laws, policies and regulations.
- Administers the planning, zoning, historic preservation, business development and economic development of the City of Reading.
- Assures accountability of subordinate staff for program performance and supervises the work of subordinates.
- Maintain statistical data for reports relative to zoning matters
- Perform other duties as assigned:
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field
- At least 8 years of related experience in planning and zoning
- Knowledge of basic law through education or experience
- Basic understanding of Planning theory and municipal government
- Technical training in plan reading
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License