JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-14 AUDITING ASSISTANT
POSITION: Auditing Assistant
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Office of the City Auditor
SCHEDULE: Part Time
FSLA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSTING DATE: March 22, 2023
The Part Time Auditing Assistant will work under the direction of the City Auditor and provide support to the City’s Audit Department.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Reviews accounts payable payment requests for support/propriety.
- Generates revenue/expenditure, budget and/or other reports using the City’s financial software.
- Assists with gathering documentation requested by the City’s external auditors.
- Perform clerical, administrative and general office duties and functions as needed.
- Assist the City’s Audit Department with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Review details with General Ledger.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational / Experience
- An Associate Degree (or in the process of obtaining) in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products as Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and management skills preferred.