JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-08 UTILITIES ENGINEER
THE POSITION OF: Utilities Engineer
DEPARTMENT OF: Public Works
IN THE DIVISION OF: Sanitary Sewers
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Full Time
POSTING DATE: March 28, 2023
The Utilities Engineer performs engineering tasks associated with the evaluation, design, bid, construction, inspection and operation/maintenance of utilities. Utilities include water/wastewater/storm-water systems and treatment facilities along with air quality, solid waste and related environmental systems.
Typical job duties may include but not limited to:
- Ensures the Utilities Division’s engineering needs are supported and addressed from an overarching and all-encompassing perspective.
- Prepare plans and specifications for utility system improvements and services.
- Assist with the preparation, updating and management of the various Utilities Division Capital Improvement Plans (CIPs).
- Develop and manage Utilities Division project and programs plans and schedules.
- Manage and/or assist with engineering data, manuals, prints, drawings, etc.
- Recordkeeping for water/wastewater/storm-water systems and treatment.
- Support laboratory/operations/maintenance/safety activities from utilities engineering perspective. Provide technical guidance and expert advice on utilities engineering, management, operations, maintenance, laboratory and safety projects and programs.
- Graduation from a four (4) year college or university with major course work in civil, environmental, or closely related engineering discipline is required.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain the necessary Water and/or Wastewater PaDEP Operators Certification within two (2) years is required. Inability to obtain or loss of certificate, license or registration is cause for discipline up to and including termination.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possession of valid Pennsylvania motor vehicles operator’s Class C license or higher is required.