JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-06 CYBER – SCADA SPECIALIST
THE POSITION OF: Cyber – SCADA Specialist
DEPARTMENT OF: Public Works
IN THE DIVISION OF: Waste Water Treatment Plant
FSLA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Full Time
POSTING DATE: March 8, 2023
Qualified, interested candidates must submit an application and current resume at www.readingpa.gov by the end of business: MARCH 21, 2023.
Responsible for protecting information and industrial control systems by managing compliance, coordinating response to cyber security incidents, researching and maintaining awareness of the latest cyber threats and vulnerabilities. This position works with all city technology team to ensure necessary technical security requirements are met. This individual will focus on implementing best security practices to the Wastewater treatment plant’s network, using a combination of both the City’s and the plants software and security agreements.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and execute security tasks related to technology projects or initiatives with a focus on industrial control system networks
- Configure and install security infrastructure. Includes scheduling and attendance of after hour’s maintenance windows.
- Produce cyber network architectures and documentation.
- Install software, switches, routers, firewalls, and servers as needed.
- Provide advanced support in response to cyber security incidents.
- Collaborate with city staff to manage security vulnerabilities or investigations.
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues.
- Perform yearly PEN testing with outside contractors and remediation issues.
- Provide advanced support in evaluation and implementation of cyber security requirements for operational and engineering technology systems.
- Direct resources from City’s IT team to help complete projects on the Wastewater Treatment Plant’s network as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification, or willingness to obtain
- Five (5) years Network Engineering background
- Five (5) years cyber security background
- Equivalent combinations of training, education, experience that provides required skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential job functions.