JOB VACANCY # JV 2022-64 Development and Inspection Clerk
THE POSITION OF: Development and Inspection Clerk
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Development/Codes
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
POSTING DATE: November 10, 2022
STARTING PAY RATE: $22.31/hour – 40 hours/week
The clerk ensures the smooth and seamless process of scheduling, compiling appropriate Housing and Health related documents and billing related fees. Development and Inspection Clerks have direct contact with both external and internal customers; therefore, the clerk will have excellent communication and customer service skills. Also, the clerk must be able to readily adapt to, accept and implement changing codes and ordinances.
- Provide clerical support to the Community Development Department and Property Maintenance Division.
- Perform tasks including but not limited to scheduling for inspections, and Housing and Health related duties.
- Support upper level supervisors and managers.
- Assist Citizens at counter and answer incoming phone calls.
- Assist with various projects.
- Minimum of High School Graduate or GED required; some college coursework or an Associate’s Degree preferred.
- One year prior clerical experience in a professional office setting.
- Ability to type 35 wpm with minimal errors.
- Strong computer skills – including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills – able to handle general and specific inquiries from the general public on the phone or in-person.