JOB VACANCY # JV 2022-57 Grants Coordinator
THE POSITION OF: Grants Coordinator
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Finance
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 (Professional)
SALARY: $64,896.00 Annually
POSTING DATE: September 20, 2022
Responsible for developing, preparing, monitoring and administering federal, state, local and private grant applications. This position plans, performs and coordinates the activities related to researching and identifying grant funding sources, writing and submitting grant applications, and overseeing completion of grant obligations. Work is performed in accordance with established practices, requiring initiative and sound judgement. This position reports directly to the Director
Typical job duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing oversight, management, coordination and monitoring of project managers, neighborhood groups and project implementers for a variety of inter and intra-departmental projects and city-wide programs, as assigned.
- Research, identify, assist with application process for and monitor federal, state, local and private grants, as assigned.
- Provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements and procedures; collaborate in defining and implementing project funding strategies.
- Coordinate, attend and participate in City and other governmental meetings, including neighborhood and special interest groups, related to grant needs and applications. May address governing bodies including City Council, boards and commissions, state and federal officials.
- Review and evaluate the performance of grant projects and programs; recommend and/or take appropriate actions required to achieve the desired goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs or Business Management; High School Diploma with 7 years, or more, related experience can substitute.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years successful grant writing experience, public sector preferred. Writing sample required.