JOB VACANCY # JV 2022-36 Property Maintenance Inspector
THE POSITION OF: Property Maintenance Inspector
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Development/Codes
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME- Rank & File
POSTING DATE: April 25, 2022
STARTING PAY RATE: $22.36 per hour, 40 hours per week
Qualified, interested candidates must submit an employment application and a current resume at www.readingpa.gov under employment opportunities.
This position will be responsible for inspecting single and multi-family dwellings within the City to ensure compliance to City-Housing Codes. This position will entail frequent contact with other employees in the Division; as well as daily contact with housing dwellers. There is limited contact with City employees outside the Division.
- Conduct daily inspection of single and multi-family dwellings.
- Prepare inspection reports and send copy to owner of dwelling in violation, giving the appropriate amount of time to comply.
- Make re-inspections after designated time to ensure compliance.
- File prosecution with District judges if violations are not corrected.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports indicating quantity of inspections performed, number of violations found and status of corrections to violations.
- Act as public relations representatives for City when making inspections.
- Investigate complaints and attend court hearings as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- ICC Property Maintenance Inspector Certification (#64) must be obtained within six (6) months of hire or promotion. (2012 version)
- Must possess a valid Class C PA driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Minimum of two (2) years of construction experience (or related certifications/coursework) required.