JOB VACANCY #JV 2022-34 Engineering Aide III
THE POSITION OF: Engineering Aide III
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Engineering
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
STARTING PAY RATE: $22.87/hour, 40 hours/week
POSTING DATE: September 16, 2022
Qualified, interested candidates must submit an employment application and a current resume
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Conducts on-site inspections to ensure that applicant is in compliance with the street cut permit issued.
- Conducts on-site inspections to ensure that applicant follows the proper backfilling and paving requirements of the City of Reading.
- Maintains records of all permits, inspections and actions which may follow.
- Assists Engineering Aide IV in completing PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permits and maintaining records of same.
- Assists in field surveys of City infrastructure as needed.
- Assists in preparation of plans and specifications of City construction projects as needed.
- Provides street cut location data to streets personnel for restoration.
- On call on rotating basis with other engineering staff to locate City owned underground utilities. Mark same for and reply through PA One Call.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma required
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Relevant work experience with emphasis on mathematics including trigonometry and engineering.
- Three (3) years of related construction, surveying and/or engineering experience required.