JOB VACANCY #JV 2022-33 Telecommunicator I
THE POSITION OF: Telecommunicator I
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Police/Special Services
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763-Rank & File
POSTING DATE: April 19, 2022
STARTING PAY RATE: $22.85 per hour, 40 hours per week
Qualified, interested candidates must submit an application and a current resume
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Answering emergency and non-emergency citizen calls for police assistance.
- Complete Assignment Cards, Computer entries; forward to Radio Dispatcher.
- Signs out keys for unmarked police vehicles.
- Retrieve and enter information into law enforcement computer systems.
- Refers the public to other agencies for assistance.
- Monitor burglar alarms, panic alarms, fire alarms, and security systems.
- Operate police radio communications on a regular frequency.
- Monitor City and County Fire, EMS, and Police Communications network if assigned.
- Run License checks for Central records, District Courts, and authorized City Agencies.
- Dispatch police calls on assigned and unassigned calls, including assignment and backup units.
- Must be a high school graduate or have equivalent work experience.
- Requires completion of a successful background check by the Police Department.
- Must be able to operate radio dispatching equipment unit.
- 3 years customer service experience required; dispatch center experience preferred.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to type at least 35 wpm with accuracy.
- Must be familiar with Windows operating system.
* Hours: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm *