JOB VACANCY # JV 2022-32 Dewatering Technician I Solids Operator
THE POSITION OF: Dewatering Technician I Solids Operator
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Works/WWTP
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763-Rank & File
POSTING DATE: April 11, 2022
PAY RATE: $23.99 per hour, 40 hours per week
Responsible for continuous operation of two (2) centrifuges two (2) gravity belts, four (4) polymer units and all related equipment. Works with plant operators, biosolids removal personnel to eliminate downtime, ensure maximum solids percentage end product. Works with maintenance to schedule or preform preventative maintenance and optimize off hours. Works with vendors, and independently, during testing and bidding periods to provide representative samples and help optimize chemical dosage rates. Works with laboratory to test solids and constituents to maintain a high quality end product.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Maintains constant awareness of digester levels. Includes use of decimal inches system.
- Properly operate and maintain and repair solids dewatering equipment following OEM guidelines in an efficient manner to obtain a cost effective solids disposal
- Properly operate and maintain and repair ancillary equipment in order to provide cost effective solids disposal
- Maintain written records and complete work orders through computerized maintenance management system in order to accomplish preventive maintenance of equipment
- Ability to make repairs to dewatering equipment and chemical feed pumps
- Perform analytical procedures to determine proper process control decisions
- Make process control decisions in order to maintain compliance with discharge permit and to meet established percent solids goals for the dewatering facility
- Advises plant operators on transfers and pumping cycles
- Maintains daily logs, maintenance and production records
- Performs minor lubrication of equipment
- Maintains safe work environment; maintains a clean work place
- Prepares Chemical solutions (Polymer & Permanganate) as required
- Adjusts pumps and valves according to changing conditions
- Cleans the centrifuges and gravity belts at the shift change or as appropriate
- Maintains a current operations manual, including charts and logs.
- Uses small hand tools for adjustments to machinery
- Works with Supervisors to prepares required reports
- Perform other duties as required.
- Acquire and test various laboratory samples daily.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- PADEP Certified in Wastewater Treatment Desired.