JOB VACANCY # JV 2022-28 Risk Assessor
THE POSITION OF: Risk Assessor
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Development/Codes
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763-Rank & File
POSTING DATE: April 6, 2022
PAY RATE: $22.36 per hour, 40 hours per week
Qualified, interested candidates must submit an employment application and a current resume at www.readingpa.gov under Employment Opportunities.
This position is responsible for day-to-day management of client relations, outreach administration tracking, reporting and all aspects of client relocation and customer service process. Conducts in-home visits, assists and ensures completion of the application and eligibility process; initiates and coordinates outreach initiatives on lead poisoning prevention. The Risk Assessor ensures quality customer service throughout entire program; works with outreach partners to ensure effectiveness. Responsible for oversight of the lead safe house management vendor. Verifies unit and occupation qualifications, prevention; unit file completion; assists clients when needed. Work is performed under the direction of the Program Supervisor. This is a fixed-term assignment based on Grant funding.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating, creating and maintaining a strong file management and record keeping systems;
- Tracks, maintains prospective client inquiry list; arrange temporary relocation of clients;
- Builds and maintains consistent relationships with program clients;
- Formats and composes well designed correspondence, memorandums, reports, contracts, charts and similar program materials;
- Develops and designs educational, outreach and internal documents and materials including client relocation documents and contracts;
- Acts as program liaison between clients and De-Lead team; and manages the intake and processing of applicants;
- Coordinate activities, distributes information on preventing childhood lead poisoning to new mothers, households with children under 6 years old including daycares, physician offices, elementary schools, community centers, etc.;
- Acts as team lead to develop annual outreach plan;
- Provides accurate and timely reports, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Services or equivalent of education and experience that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as Lead Risk Assessor
- Knowledge of effective public relations methods; ability to work effectively with other
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite skills (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Valid PA Driver’s License, Class C required.