JOB VACANCY # JV 2022-22 (Equipment Operator II – Streets)
THE POSITION OF: Equipment Operator II
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Works/Operations, Streets
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
POSTING DATE: March 3, 2022
PAY RATE: $23.50/hour, 40 hours/week
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Operate a loader, backhoe, street sweeper, roller, snow plow (large / small), salt spreader, compacter, tar kettle, bucket truck, leaf machines or any additional equipment as directed.
- Work with small equipment, including: chain saws, plate whacker, jack hammer, tamper, street saw, etc.
- Work independently or as part of a team assisting with snow removal, leaf collecting and/or road work.
- May temporarily fill in for other departments within Public Works.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Duties may involve indoor and outdoor work of a physical nature as in physically raking or sweeping streets.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- Valid PA CDL Class B required.
- Minimum two years of truck driving and heavy equipment experience.