JOB VACANCY #JV 2022-71 Electrical Supervisor
THE POSITION OF: Electrical Supervisor
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Works/Wastewater Treatment Plant-Electrical Division
STARTING PAY RATE: $58,497.92 Annually, 40 hours/week
POSTING DATE: December 28, 2022
The Electrical Supervisor prepares designs, plans and specifications for the Waste Water Treatment Plant. This individual estimates, inspects and tests the construction and installation of electrical equipment and systems in connection with a variety of public works projects. The Electrical Supervisor is expected to be progressively independent and able to utilize judgment in planning work details and making technical decisions. The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact in a positive and effective manner with co-workers, boards and vendors. Individual must be able to meet deadlines and work under time constraints.
Typical job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Thorough knowledge of principles & theories of electrical/electronic engineering as applied to design installation, operation, testing of electrical equipment. Engineering mathematics and mathematical tables used in electrical engineering; modern construction methods and procedures as applied to the electrical phases of construction projects; create engineering surveys, secure complete and accurate data required in design work; follow regulations pertaining to electrical/electronic systems, equipment
- Designs and engineers plans; make necessary engineering computations, specifications and estimates for variety of electrical equipment and systems. Advise, review work of other engineers, engineering technicians and trades personnel on specific projects.
- Makes calculations to determine circuit requirements; prepares studies, plans and diagrams of a wide variety of electrical equipment, and makes scale drawings of electrical parts and equipment
- Revises circuit tracings, may participate in projects involving computer use for engineering applications
- Inspects electrical equipment before, during and after installation; performs field inspections of work done by contractors for conformance with plans and specifications
- Assure all electrical vehicles, electrical shop and storage are maintained and equipped, and electrical activities are in compliance with the DOJ Consent Decree
- Keep current with Electrical Codes (NEC) and new Arc-Flash regulations
- Strong organizational skills in a multi-task environment required. Ability to plan work independently, ability to work on and prioritize several on-going tasks. Prepare correspondence, charts, graphs and reports utilizing computer office applications. Ability to work under general or minimal directions within specific set parameters.
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records; apply organizational skills efficiently with attention to detail; ability to perform effectively with frequent interruptions; comprehend full scope of departmental policies; ability to independently initiate actions and make decisions in support of those policies.
- Oversee and management of SCADA system; Administrator of the CMMS, Antero Maintenance Program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course works in electrical engineering or other related field
- Master Electrician License required
- Water and/or Wastewater PaDEP Operators Certification, or ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire required.
- 6-10 years of related experience; minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Power distribution systems, electrical aspects of lighting, HVAC systems and controls, PLC programming and ladder logic controls.
- Thorough understanding of instrumentation, telemetry systems, emergency power supplies, solid state alarm systems, electrical, mechanical systems and equipment, computer program applications, knowledge of SCADA systems for collection of data
- Proficient with Computers, Microsoft Programs; proficiency in writing, communicating in clear, concise manner.