JOB VACANCY # JV 2021-59 Part-time Custodian
THE POSITION OF: Part-time Custodian
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Works/Public Property
PAY RATE: $15.00
POSTING DATE: October 11, 2022
Qualified candidates must submit an employment application and a current resume at www.readingpa.gov under employment opportunities.
The candidate for this position must be able to work independently in an office/ light industrial setting. The candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and handle the physical demands of the job. This is a part-time position. Management has the right to adjust the schedule as needed.
Responsibilities will include general janitorial and custodial work which may include, but not be limited to:
- Dusting / vacuuming carpets, mats, and rugs
- Sweeping and mopping of floors
- Office trash collection
- Thorough cleaning of all bathrooms / locker rooms
- Keeping the exterior of the building clean which may include shoveling/snow removal, leaf clean up, etc.
- A High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Valid PA Class C driver’s license is preferred.
- Previous custodial or janitorial experience is preferred.