JOB VACANCY # JB 2022-62 Systems Administrator/Assistant Director
THE POSITION OF: Systems Administrator/Assistant Director
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Reading Public Library (RPL)
SALARY RANGE: $58,000-$70,000 Annually DOQ
POSTING DATE: October 21, 2022
The Systems Administrator provides operational and technical support in the Reading Library District. They oversee the Internet, LAN, remote networks, firewall, web servers, and databases for the Reading District Libraries. Provides research and consultation to the District, and assists with the Library’s administrative and operational functions, particularly with library security and facilities.
Typical job duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages contracts with technology and internet vendors for hardware, software, and internet functions for the Reading District Library Center.
- Provides after-hours on-call technology coverage for the Reading District Libraries (additional compensation provided for after-hours on-call time).
- Monitors and maintains the Reading Public Library’s website.
- Installs, upgrades, and maintains computer security software/consults on library security.
- Serves as contact to the USAC, calculates and bills members for related services.
- Manages e-rate bidding, contract negotiation, and billing for the Reading District.
- Manages and maintains the District’s primary ILS.
- Directly manages some library personnel and assists in managing all personnel.
- Assists with the administrative and operational functions of the Reading Public Library.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience required
- Master’s Degree in Library from an ALA accredited program preferred
- Technical certifications preferred
- 4 years of library or equivalent experience, including 2 years at a supervisory level
- Network, systems and database administration
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporting Training for Child Abuse
- PA Criminal Record Check
- FBI Criminal Background Check