“Career opportunities will be available soon. Please visit us again.”
CITY OF READING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
At the City of Reading, we understand the importance of offering comprehensive and competitive benefit packages to our employees. We are committed to supporting the well-being of our workforce and creating a positive work environment where they can grow both personally and professionally.
- Medical/Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance on 1st Day of Employment
- Paid Time-Off including 12 City Holidays
- Basic Life/AD&D Insurance
- Portable Life, Disability & Specialty Insurance Options
- Defined Contribution Plan
- Retirement Savings Plan Options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s)
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Professional Development Fund
- Internal and External Training & Workshops
- Subsidized Parking
If you are interested in becoming a City of Reading Firefighter/EMT, Firefighter/Paramedic or Police Officer please click their respective link for information on applications.
Information on upcoming Civil Service testing dates for the Police Department are located here and for the Fire Department here.