JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-35 EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II (STREETS) (2 POS)
THE POSITION OF: Equipment Operator II (Streets)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Public Works/Highways
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 Rank & File
SALARY: Starting $24.56 Hour
POSTING DATE: MAY 10, 2023
Typical duties may include but not limited to:
- Operate a loader, backhoe, street sweeper, roller, snow plow, (large/small), salt spreader, compacter, tar kettle, bucket truck, leaf machines, or any additional equipment as directed.
- Work with small equipment, including: chain saws, plate whacker, jack hammer, tamper, street saw, etc.
- Work independently or as part of a team assisting with snow removal, leaf collecting and /or road work.
- May temporarily fill in for other departments within Public Works
- Must be able to work independently.
- Duties may involve indoor and outdoor work of a physical nature as in physically raking or sweeping streets.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- Valid PA CDL Class B required
- Minimum two (2) years of truck driving and heavy equipment experience.