JOB VACANCY # JV 2023-34 DEWATERING TECHNICIAN I
THE POSITION OF: Dewatering Technician I (Solids Operator)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION OF: Public Works/WWTP
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: ASFCME Rank & File
SCHEDULE: Full Time (2nd shift 1-9 p.m.)
SALARY: Start 24.56/HR POSTING DATE: MAY 8, 2023
Responsible for the continuous operation of the dewatering, thickening/ancillary and related equipment. Works with plant operators and bio solids removal personnel to eliminate downtime and ensure a maximum solids percentage end product. Works with maintenance to schedule or perform preventative maintenance and optimize off hours. Works with vendors, and independently, during testing and bidding periods to provide representative samples and help optimize chemical dosage rates. Works with the laboratory to test solids and constituents to maintain a high quality end product.
Typical job duties may include but not limited to:
- Maintains constant awareness of digester levels. Includes use of decimal inches system.
- Properly operate and maintain and repair solids dewatering equipment following original equipment manufacturer’s guidelines in an efficient manner to obtain a cost effective solids disposal
- Properly operate and maintain and repair ancillary equipment in order to provide cost effective solids disposal
- Maintain written records and complete work orders through computerized maintenance management system in order to accomplish preventive maintenance of equipment
- Perform analytical procedures in order to determine proper process control decisions for the dewatering facility
- Make process control decisions in order to maintain compliance with discharge permit and to meet established percent solids goals for the dewatering facility
- Advises plant operators on transfers and pumping cycles
- Maintains daily logs, maintenance and production records
- Maintains a current operations manual, including charts and logs
- Works with Supervisors to prepares required reports
- Acquire and test various laboratory samples daily
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- PADEP Certification in Wastewater Treatment desired or ability to obtain per ASFCME contract to advance to Dewatering Technician II timely.
- Six (6) to twelve (12) months experience in a wastewater or sludge dewatering facility.