The Citizens Service Center (CSC) is located on the first floor of City Hall and comprises two locations, Rooms 1-27 and 1-33. The CSC exists to serve citizens by educating and addressing municipal questions and needs. This can be done in one or more ways: through our Treasury Office, our Call Center or contact us here. Our professional staff is cross-trained to work in all facets of the Office.
City ADA Transition Plan
The Treasury Office accepts payment of all City of Reading bills and fees except water (RAWA) bills. This office allows walk-ins and processes payments received by all City of Reading departments. Additionally, Treasury posts payments to applicable accounts, and provides account balances upon request.
Treasury Services Provided:
- Accept payments from city departments and citizens
- Provide balances
The Call Center is typically staffed with three employees who accept calls in English and Spanish. On average, the Call Center receives over 5,400 calls per month. Many of the questions received through the Call Center are answered by CSC staff. Questions that require a more detailed response, however, are directed to the applicable City division through the City’s Service Request process. CSC staff also manage questions received via the City’s website.
Call Center Services Provided:
- Manage City toll-free phone number
- Answer Citizen questions and respond to Citizens requests
- Manage Service Request Process
- Log missed trash and recycling occurrences
Citizens’ Action Center
The CSC has an area designed for citizens to personally ask a question or pick up documents. Service requests are also issued by staff in this location as needed. Like the Call Center, the Action Center addresses many questions regarding municipal services.
Citizens’ Action Center Services Provided:
- Provide all trash, recycling, public works and tax forms to the public
- Review applications for Senior Citizen recycling rebates
- Accept completed trash applications and cancellations
- Accept completed Business Privilege applications and payments
- Issue or Renew Business Privilege Licenses
- Review and process Business Privilege Tax returns
- Set up new Per Capita accounts, load fees and accept payments
- Problem resolution
- Requests for Recycling Bins
- Provide Trash and Recycling certifications
- General Information about municipal services