JOB VACANCY # JV 2021-65 Equipment Operator II – Solid Waste
THE POSITION OF: Equipment Operator II
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Works/Solid Waste
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
POSTING DATE: December 29, 2021
STARTING PAY RATE: $23.50/hour – 40 hours/week
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Clean trucks as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure trucks and equipment are safely and securely stored.
- Participate in routine maintenance.
- Practice workplace safety.
- Collect solid waste from buildings, businesses and other areas as directed to ensure solid waste is removed, transported and disposed of according to set policies and procedures.
- Collect bags and collection bins from residential buildings, businesses and other facilities as required.
- Maintain records of pick-ups as required.
- Pick up refuse in other areas as required.
- Dispose of garbage according to set policies and procedures.
- A High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have at least two (2) year’s experience in the operation of 5 ton and larger trucks.
- Valid PA Class B CDL required.
- Experience with bucket trucks, loaders, backhoes, sweepers, rollers, large & small plows & salt spreaders and compactors is preferred.