JOB VACANCY # JV 2021-39 Service Utility Crew Leader-WWTP
|THE POSITION OF:||Service Utility Crew Leader-WWTP|
|DEPARTMENT/DIVISION||Public Works/Waste Water Treatment Plant|
|CLASSIFICATION:||AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File|
|POSTING DATE:||August 2, 2021|
|PAY RATE:||$20.71/hour – 40 hours/week|
Typical job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assure PaDEP certified operations are met.
- Lead other Service Utility Department workers on various size projects.
- Fill in as a working Foreman during Supervisors time off.
- Capable of training peer workers on practices, tools and safety.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work includes a mixture of indoor and outdoor assignments – year round in all weather conditions regardless of season
- Assignments require both fine and gross motor skills.
- May be exposed to public wastewater and wastewater by-products, fumes and/or odors, the risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals.
- May be expected to work in confined spaces and trenches, on ladders; scaffolding or other elevated locations, and regularly/repeatedly lift 50 -100 lbs.
- Position involves repeated standing; walking; crouching; kneeling; climbing; stooping; digging; reaching; lifting; etc.
Experience, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in general construction; excavation; building maintenance and grounds keeping and supervision.
- Must possess or be able to pass within 2 (two) years of initial assignment, the PA DEP certification examination in Wastewater or Water Treatment adequately to operate the City of Reading’s facilities where assigned as per the AFSME agreement.
- Must maintain PA CDL Class B Driver’s License–General Knowledge; Air Brakes and Tanker endorsements.