Reporting Process and Operating Procedures
- Property owners may report graffiti vandalism on their own property to the our Citizens' Service Center in City Hall, by phone at 1-877-PAREADING (1-877-727-3234) or by using the Contact City Hall Form. Graffiti can also be reported directly to City of Reading Graffiti Abatement Manager Steve Harrity at 610-655-5338 or at email@example.com.
- Property owners who report graffiti vandalism on their own property, can expect a response within 24 hours
- When reporting graffiti vandalism on property other than your own, a waiver must first be posted on the property by the City of Reading giving the property owner five (5) days to remediate the vandalism, or the City of Reading Graffiti Abatement Program will remove it at no cost. Removal will take place after the 5 day period has expired
- Unreported graffiti vandalism is located, documented, photographed and a waiver posted by the City of Reading Graffiti Abatement Manager to allow the city to remove it after the 5 day waiting period expires
- Our primary methods of graffiti removal are either painting over the graffiti vandalism, or applying graffiti specific chemicals and pressure washing, depending on the surface
- The Graffiti Abatement Office maintains data from graffiti vandalism incidents, including photographs and estimates of removal costs
- For any questions or concerns regarding our program, please contact City of Reading Graffiti Abatement Manager Steve Harrity at 610-655-5338 or at firstname.lastname@example.org