Fire & Rescue Services
Fire Chief William Stoudt
815 Washington Street, Suite 1-41
The personnel of the Reading Fire Department proudly carry out the true meaning of tradition, known by the fire service across the country. These brave men and women accept the challenges of today and are poised to meet the challenges of the future.
To provide exemplary fire and rescue service contributing to the vitality of our community.
Dedicated to preserving life and property through fire suppression and pre-hospital medical care activities, fire prevention, public outreach, and emergency planning.
Respect ♦ Communication ♦ Accountability ♦ Transparency ♦ Integrity
- To ensure Department readiness and leadership development.
- To reduce the number of fires and the cascading effects of these events.
- To increase the safety to the members of the Department.
- To reflect the community we serve by successfully recruiting a diverse workforce.
- Enhance our abilities by pre-incident planning, training, and professional development.
- Use emerging technologies to effectively deliver the appropriate level of service.
- Ensure health and wellness by collaborating with local health & fitness entities.
- Broadening our scope of service by reaching all segments of the community through outreach.