City Auditor Reports
The City Auditor's Office is to conduct performance and financial audits and studies which provide insight into City departments and their programs. These aim to improve the process of establishing City programs, evaluating their performance, providing the City Council and the Administration with appropriate information and making any necessary changes to ensure that City programs are as efficient and effective as possible.
This financial oversight is independent of the Executive and Legislative branches and reviews all expenditures of the Mayor, City Council and City Boards, Commissions and Agencies. The Auditor has a wide array of responsibility, including tasks such as:
- Review and recommendation for City budget
- Be present or represented at all Council meetings
- Perform specific audits of City finances as determined by City Auditor or City Council
- Report progress of recommendations as found in the Annual Audit and Management Letter
- Assist in all audits conducted by independent auditors
- Furnish Council, Mayor, Managing Directors and others periodic reports of audits conducted
- Interpret and communicate audit policies and procedures to all City management staff
- Direct internal financial security and loss investigation activities
- Prepare an annual budget for the office of City Auditor and operate the office of City Auditor within approved budget limitations
- Issue subpoenas in order to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the office of City Auditor
The City Auditor’s office is located on the second floor in City Hall, room 2-36, 815 Washington Street. The City Auditor may be reached by telephone at (610) 655-6123 during regular business hours.