1. Provide new construction, alteration, renovation and repair permits for building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing trades.
2. Provide review of building plans submitted by contractors, builders and homeowners. Coordinate accessibility and elevator review with Labor & Industry State Department of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
3. Conduct trade board meetings; attend City of Reading apprentice program meetings and act as a proctor for all trade license examinations. Resolve contractor and citizen disputes through mediation and conflict resolution techniques.
4. Provide progress inspections for all construction activities in the City of Reading. Also provide occupancy and use permit inspections.
5. Conduct pre-construction and design review meeting to facilitate the development review and construction process. Manage and conduct one stop permit shop meetings.
6. Provide support to community development programs for neighborhood beautification projects. Also provide support to code enforcement officers for structural integrity and specific trade requirements.